Victoria government financed start-up body LaunchVic has announced The Governor of Victoria Startup Awards.
The awards will be presented by the Governor of Victoria, The Hon. Linda Dessau AC, at Government House, Melbourne, in early 2022.
The awards will recognise achievements in five categories:
- Best Newcomer – for businesses less than three years old.
- Startup of the Year – for businesses less than ten years old.
- Scaleup of the Year – for businesses that have raised a minimum Series A round in the last four years.
- Investor of the Year – as nominated by the founder community.
- Ecosystem Hero of the Year – featuring a People’s Choice and Experts’ Choice.
The awards for Best Newcomer, Startup of the Year and Scaleup of the Year categories will be selected from a shortlist of the top 30 Victorian start-ups based on criteria including: money raised, age of business and job creation or number of employees.
This data will be drawn from LauchVic’s start-up database findingstartups.launchvic.org powered by Dealroom.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to provide a written submission to be assessed by an external expert panel.
Nominations for Investor of the Year and Ecosystem Hero of the Year categories are being sought from the start-up community and will then be put to a public vote.
The final date for nominations is 28 November.